430 West Broadway
Between 1870 and 1899, the thoroughfare known as West Broadway was called “South Fifth Avenue,” a bustling area of shopping, vehicular traffic, and public interaction. Perhaps a whif of that ebullient commercialism was still in the air when, at the height of 1980s excess, an internal mall was constructed at 430 West Broadway. The project failed, its spaces remained empty, and in 1992 United American Land purchased the structure with the intention of healing the streetscape and converting the existing mall into a more neighborly and contextual entity. Today the building, with its quiet brick facade and discreet entrance, is a seamless part of West Broadway, consistent with the context. It is home to private business offices and, on the ground level, the New York flagship of Dolce & Gabanna’s DG.
3 story retail and commercial building on West Broadway south of Prince Street
430 West Broadway, Soho
New York, NY 10012